Español | English
Enrique was born and raised in Mexico City in a family of architects. He is entrusted mainly by discerning clients in the architectural, interior design and luxury real estate industries to produce their portfolio, editorial, advertising and corporate images. Inspired by mid-twentieth century modernist and avant garde photography, he also produces fine arts work in a documentary style that has been internationally exhibited and awarded in Europe, Asia, the US and Latin America.
He holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in Photography from the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), where he attended as an Arts Merit Scholar and a 3-times Phenomenal Focus Award recipient. He serves as Advisory Board member in the Photography Program at the Gwinnett Institute of Technology where he is also an adjunct faculty member.
Enrique has a background as creative and marketing strategist in Latin America, the US, Holland, Italy, Spain, France, and Germany. During that time he served brand names like the Super Bowl, Sony Pictures, Disney and Coleman among others.
Member of ASMP (American Society of Media Photographers), APA (American Photographic Artists) and SPE (Society for Photographic Education). Click here for a full resume (PDF).
Exhibitions, awards and publications:
• Latin American Fotografía V - Jury Selection, AI-AP, New York, NY
• Día de Muertos / Day of the Dead, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA (solo, 2016)
• The Navel of the Moon, Consulate General of Mexico, Atlanta, GA (solo, 2016)
• Fotoville 2016, Brooklyn, NY (September 2016)
• Festival de Fotografia de Tiradentes 2016, São Paolo, Brazil
• Los Diez AI-AP, Bogotá, Colombia / Buenos Aires, Argentina / Brooklin, NY
• Latin American Fotografía IV - Jury Selection, AI-AP, New York, NY
• 2014 Frames, Centre for Contemporary Arts, Glasgow, Scotland
• Silver&Ink 2015, SCAD Savannah / Atlanta / Hong Kong
• Phenomenal Focus Award to Excellence in Photography, SCAD (3 times: 2014, 2015 & 2016)
• Push Pin, Atlanta Photography Group, Tula Arts Center, Atlanta, GA
• EXcommunicated, Biggin Gallery, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
• Pop Show Portfolio Reviews 2014, Atlanta Celebrates Photography, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA
• Open Studio 2014, Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta
• Yesterday I was Clever, Blue Shoes Collective, Big House Gallery, Atlanta
• Atlanta Celebrates Photography 2013, Sam Flax Group Show, Atlanta
• Open Studio 2012, Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta
• Arts-merit scholarship, Savannah College of Art and Design